Wednesday, May 6, 2009

No yoga today...

... because the yoga studio is in the evacuation warning area for the huge freaking fire that is spreading on the edge of my town!!  Looks like more than HALF of downtown Santa Barbara is under mandatory evacuation right now.

Good thing I live 10 miles to the west!!  I can see the flames, tho.

Seriously, didn't this JUST happen!?  This is the second big fire we've had since I moved out here 8 months ago.  Not cool.  Nobody in my area is terribly alarmed, since this literally happens ALL THE TIME and we are out of harm's way, but I'm still not crazy about it...

4 comments:

bikramyogachick said...

Being an ex Ventura gal myself I feel your pain. The fires can be scary! Hang in there and I'm glad you are not in harms way. Yoga will be there for you tomorrow.

hannahjustbreathe said...

Yikes... I'm impressed you're not at all worried. I was out in Montana one year when Glacier National Park was having serious forest fires, and even that freaked me out. Stay safe!!!!!

Duffy Pratt said...

When I lived in LA, I always told people that we didn't have weather, we had catastrophes.

I hope the winds are coming off shore.

thedancingj said...

Thanks guys!! Duffy, that is soooo true. The WEATHER is great, but the catastrophes are kind of a bitch. (As opposed to the northeast, where the weather sucked but we didn't have any catastrophes!) Not sure what the winds are doing now. :-/